The 2011 TSA national conference is fast approaching, and the TSA board has been working hard to put together an event that will be fun and inspiring. We received great feedback to the survey that was sent out last fall, and thus would like to seek your input again by asking for proposals for breakout sessions for the 2011 conference.
Each “breakout session” will have multiple panels and workshops addressing a variety of topics, and scholars can choose which to attend based on their individual interests. Panels will feature a moderator-led discussion among a number of expert panelists, and will seek to educate scholars and foster discussion on that panel’s particular topic. The workshops will also be led by experts from the field, but will be more interactive than the panels and will focus on developing a particular skill set. We are looking for proposals that highlight innovative research and public service representative of a broad field, and are particularly interested in seeing what scholars have accomplished in the years since being awarded the scholarship and graduating from school.
Proposals should be emailed to Michele Buckley (email@example.com) by April 15. Please include as much of the following information as possible:
- Name, scholar year and state, and title
- Educational background
- Title of breakout session
- Brief summary of presentation
- Who will be presenting? (We welcome both scholars and non-scholars to make presentations!)
- What are the professional qualifications/education background of the presenters?
- What are the key things you want to share in this presentation?
- What are the “takeaways” from this presentation (new skills, information, methods, etc.)?
- Any additional information
Thank you for your help and we look forward to seeing you in July!