Eastis (CA ’83), author of 7: The Magical, Amazing and Popular Number Seven, was kind enough to compile seven little-known
facts about President Truman (along with a bonus seven-word quote):
S. Truman was ranked 7th most popular U.S.
President in a Wall Street Journal poll
- Senator Truman wrote Bess a letter
in 1937 telling her about driving 70 miles and being so tired that he
slept from 7 at night until 7 in the morning.
- The U.S.S. Harry S. Truman
(CVN-75) was christened on the seventh day of September in 1996.
- It was on 7 May 1945 that Truman
made an announcement about the plan of Germany’s surrender.
- Truman served as President 7 after
Theodore Roosevelt and 7 prior to Ronald Reagan.
- Truman gave his seventh State of
the Union address in 1950.
- The same year, he ordered the
Seventh Fleet to Taiwan.
- 7-word quote from HST: “America was built on courage, on
David M. Eastis (CA ’83), an
enthusiast and authority on the number 7, is author of 7: The
Magical, Amazing and Popular Number Seven, the first-ever
book which explores the magnetism that the vastly popular number 7 has exerted,
from ancient cultures to the present day. For more information visit: http://www.theSevenBook.com/